Mumbai is city full of history and art, such as Fort Mumbai, the Gateway of India and the National Gallery of Modern Art. However, there're some facts to keep in mind before taking off to Mumbai.
- Temperature: The average temperature is 33˚C during the summer months and approximately 20˚C during the winter months.
- Time difference: Mumbai is 4 hours and 30 minutes ahead of London.
- Currency: The Indian Rupee (INR).
- Language: Many languages are spoken in India. Hindi is seen as the lingua franca of India. In Mumbai they also speak Marathi.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements. On the website of the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. Current information can be found on Travel Health Pro and NHS or consult your GP surgery.